Friday 22 May 2009

Up, Up and Away

I love Melbourne sometimes. I walked out of my front door on Wednesday and this is what I saw. It was far nicer but the camera on my phone is terrible.


I love the idea that there are people who didn’t go to work today because they decided they’d rather have a ride in a hot air balloon. I'm not even jealous – I feel like I’m sharing in on their experience just by watching them float slowly by.

My friends got engaged in one of these balloons and they said there were about 1000 people in the basket with them so it wasn't very intimate. I think I like the peacefulness of just looking at them. And the knowledge that there is less far to fall...

1 comment:

kate said...

aww i love the hot air balloons as well, one of my favorite things in melbourne. they make my morning just that little bit happier to know there is people up there having a ncie time and NOT on their way to work :)