Monday 8 June 2009

Old Man Take a Look at My Life...

More proof of the early onset of old age, this time manifested as footwear. I was in K-Mart looking for gardening stuff and inadvertently wandered into the slippers aisle. I haven’t had a pair of slippers since I was about 13 and my dad used to make us take our shoes off in the house under pain of death. Having spent the past twenty years rebelling – long distance – the thought that slippers might actually have a function other than to make one look like a child/pensioner had never occurred.



I tried some on for a laugh and was surprised by the warm and cosy sensation of putting my feet inside two teddy bears. Ever since I have been strutting around at home in my old man shoes – one more weapon in the fight against my first Melbourne winter. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to put the kettle on for a nice cup of Horlicks and work out how to smoke a pipe.

1 comment:

kate said...

oh these are great! i love slippers! i need a new pair infact... perhaps i will have to head on down to kmart :)