Wednesday 29 July 2009

Daniel Kitson: new Australian shows

I was having a rather unpleasant morning until I heard the jolly news that Daniel Kitson is returning to these shores with another show. I'm guessing he spends most of his life arched over a Smith Corona typewriter and only has micro-sleeps (you know, the ones that can kill people) such is his prodigious output compared to other lesser comedians. From what I can gather from his website - which by his own admission is rather rambling - he has three very different shows currently on the go, none of which are the show he did at 3RRR in Melbourne earlier this year.


The one we're getting is entitled We Are Gathered Here and is described by Daniel as 'a new stand up show about finding something important in an ocean of twaddle.' He's currently touring it across the UK and will be in Australia in October to do a few nights:

Brisbane, The Tivoli - Friday 2 October

Sydney, The Factory Theatre - Saturday 3 and Monday 5 October

Melbourne, Athenaeum Theatre - Tue 6 – Sun 11 October

Adelaide, Royalty Theatre - Tue 13 October

Perth Octagon Theatre, Crawley - Monday 19 October

I am now in a far more pleasant mood than an hour ago when I was stuck in the cafe downstairs with the office over-achiever who was making me feel jittery. So, thank you Mr Kitson.

No comments: