These are the finger lickin' nuggets that went to air:
Chicken Payback - the Bees
Mansize Rooster - Supergrass
Chick Habit - April March
Choppers - Headless Chickens
Chicken with its Head Cut Off - Magnetic Fields
Chicken - the Cramps
Chicken Dog - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
5 Piece Chicken Dinner - The Beastie Boys
Do The Funky Chicken - Rufus Thomas
Chicken Strut - The Meters
Know Your Chicken - Cibo Matto
Chicken Hearted - Roy Orbison
The Chicken Song - Spitting Image
Take It Easy Chicken - Mansun
And these, for posterity, were those important chicken facts. Some of them were even true.
- Chicken Little is Stewart Little's Dad
- In 2001 chicken tikka masala was voted the most popular restaurant meal in the UK
- The latin term for chicken is gallus gallus domesticus, inspired by Boutros Boutros Ghali, the former secretary general of the United Nations
- A chicken ran onto the pitch during the first ever game of football, tripping up a player - hence the word 'foul'
- Chickens are omnivores and in the wild will hunt seeds, insects and - when hunting in packs - they can take out a wolf
- More than 50 billion chickens are raised every year for meat and eggs. This is more than 7 eggs for every human on the planet. The chickens that understand these numbers are kept in cages by scared farmers.
- Chicken Run, the claymation movie about a group of hens who make an aeroplane from scrap furniture to escape being turned into pies is based on a true story about pigs
- Although most chicken lay eggs, some can be trained to lay other things such as logs, bricks and the truth
Centrelinked is on your Melbourne wireless on 98.9 Northwest FM every Saturday morning from 11am. You can also stream live via www.northwestfm.org. If you want...